Viacom.Tech in Warsaw plays a crucial role in Viacom`s global engineering organization. We build highly efficient,
advanced systems which are used by millions of users all over the world. Currently, we are looking for a rock solid
Manager of Mobile Development - iOS. If you are an experienced Engineering Manager willing to lead a team of iOS developers, a creative problem solver, and love to create great software, then you may be reading about your next job right now!
Job ID: MMDI
Job type: Full time, regular
You will be working as a part of fast-paced, cross-functional, Agile team, building highly optimized native Apple experiences for kids, supporting brands like Nick, Nick Jr., and Noggin. As a hands-on manager, you will lead and mentor the team, share your knowledge about development in Objective-C and Swift, provide feedback in design and code reviews, and promote best industry practices. By working closely with team’s Architect and external technical software partners, you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of high-quality native mobile apps. You will manage the technical roadmap of the products, provide accurate work estimations, review, execute, and maintain key technical decisions, standards, and policies. As a technical representative, you will clearly communicate the team’s path to your business partners, as well as assist with the recruitment process as a key voice on hiring decisions. In conjunction with Director, you will translate business requirements into technical ones and execute a vision and suggested principles with the team.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in iOS software development with Objective-C, and at least one additional language (Swift, C++, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience combined with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing and mentoring a mobile development team
- Successfully launched apps in the App Store
- Expert development skills including client-side technologies, design, architecture, and writing of clean, reusable, extensible, standards-compliant code
- Experience with iOS testing specifics, including unit, functional and UI testing
- Working experience with deducing problems using memory and rendering iOS performance measuring tools
- Knowledge of advanced ways to execute flexible app architecture
- Leverage third-party SDKs to enhance effort at solving the business needs
- Strong understanding of OOD, and Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment techniques
- Ability to write ‘just enough’ documentation
- Great communication skills, both with technical and non-technical team members
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with adaptive video streaming technologies, digital advertising platforms, and/or web analytics integration
- Experience with launching streaming video media related apps in the App Store
- Familiarity with AppleTV and Apple Watch apps development
- Native mobile game development experience
- Proficiency in table tennis is a huge plus!
Challenging projects targeting large international communities, using modern development and deployment technologies
An Agile and growing team of software engineers creating products accessible everywhere
Great benefits package: private health care, fitness card, and lots of team building events
Competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development
Brand new office located in the strict city center (2 mins walk from Metro Politechnika) with cool fun zones
Last, but not least, we do great stuff for the global brands, such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Paramount!